Tuesday, May 4, 2010

harry connick jr

Lee DeWyze owes Harry Connick Jr. big-time

"I like Lee DeWyze a lot," says Connick, whose wife likes Lee a lot. In fact, he thinks Lee looks like a new and improved version of himself.
Connick abandons the piano for a Hammond organ, giving Lee's version of That's Life a different sort of gospel-y blues feel. Lee does fine, but the band totally shows him up. Lee has a decent vocal, maybe a little dull, but it's a seriously cool arrangement.
"Another great arrangement by a Louisiana boy," says Randy. "You stayed your rocker self. I loved it. I loved it."
Ellen was distracted by Harry's organ: "Well, it was different from the piano." As for Lee, "I think if this was the last night of the performance, you would have just won the whole thing."
Kara thinks he can win, but she's not sure Lee believes it. She tells him to go home and write "I can win this thing" 100 times.
Simon thinks Harry brought out Lee's personality and confidence. "You gave it a hundred and ten percent and I think it was, for all of us, by far, the best performance of the night."
Harry Connick Jr. is Lee DeWyze's best friend

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADD THIS